We all have those products that we reach for every time we do our makeup; a go to product that completes any look, and works its magic beautifully. And we all love sharing products with each other, so that everyone gets to enjoy the makeup magic. So this weeks post is about five of my Go To products, because I feel I need to share the love with the world for these beautiful products. On that note, I shall begin.
- Foundation – The Body Shop Moisture Foundation SPF 15 – This is a relatively new product for me, but as soon as I used it I knew it would become a favourite of mine. My new favourite foundation. It’s so nice and creamy on the skin, and it doesn’t leave any crease marks like a lot of foundations eventually do. I have a lot of freckles on my face, so I don’t like full coverage because I like my freckles to still be visible. And this has a good balance of covering my blemishes (and my colour correcting concealer for those dark circles oops), while still keeping my freckles visible – keeping my foundation looking natural. I do have to set the foundation as it isn’t matte, but there’s nothing a little bit of baking can’t fix amiright ladies and gents 😉 as an added bonus, I picked this up for a bargain. So from the Body Shop this costs £13, which is so reasonable. However, I live near to the Head Offices of the Body Shop, and they occasionally hold Charity Sales, where they sell great products for discount prices, and all the proceeds go to charity. At the most recent one I went to I picked my new foundation up for £3.50! So a bargain price for a great product; we all know how much I love a bargain.
- Face Powder – MUA’s Pro-Base Prime and Conceal Powder – So there are many days – when I’m working, or when I’m not doing much – that I don’t wear foundation. I’m lucky to have relatively clear skin and so I don’t like to clog my pores too much, and foundation every day can get a bit tiring. If I’m not wearing foundation, I just use concealer and powder. And this is where this powder comes in. As you can see, MUA’s powder features the four main colours used in colour correction, so when applied to the skin, it naturally evens out the skin tone and balances your complexion. So for me, it evens out the redness in my cheeks and makes me skin look a little brighter. It does it’s job beautifully and I loveeeeee it. Also gives pretty good coverage for a powder, I’ve been using this for about 6 months now and I don’t plan on using anything else anytime soon. Good Job MUA!
- Blush – Sleek’s Blush in Rose Gold – I’ve talked about this in a previous post but it had to be added to this one, because I use this blush nearly every day. It’s beautiful. Pink with a gorgeous gold undertone, it adds a glow to your skin that shimmers under the light. I’m naturally a very pale person, and this doesn’t look too pink on my skin, which is an added bonus, because no one likes to look like a clown. As I also said before, I hear from some people that this is a dupe or Nars’ Orgasm Blush. I don’t have it to compare, but this blush is amazing, so if it is I don’t think I’ll ever be buying that especially expenisve version 😉 thanks Sleek!
- Highlight – The Balm Cosmetics Mary-Lou Manizer – This is my fave highlight ever (and I confess I do own a lot of Highlighters) It is Amazing! A nice natural shade, but with so much shimmer that your cheekbones are gonna be popping wherever you are. I have so many different highlighters in lots of different shades, but I love this one the most because it’s the perfect balance between natural and god-damn-look-how-gorgeous-her-highlight-is. I personally don’t like ‘natural’ highlight; I like my highlight to be bright and eye catching, and this does just that. Reasonably priced to, this was one of the best things I ever bought. God Bless The Balm – I may not be able tot afford your eye shadow palettes, but your highlight is so amazing that I just couldn’t say no.
- Lipstick – NYX’s Liquid Suede Cream Lipstick in Sandstorm – Last but not least, my favourite Liquid Lippy out of all the ones I have (which is a few, I’m starting a collection what can I say) NYX’s lipsticks are all pretty amazing, they really excel in that department. But the Liquid Suede ones are my favourite, because they have the best staying power and I personally enjoy this texture the most. This shade suits my skin tone so well, and is similar to the Kylie Lip Kit shade Dolce K. I’m personally not interested in buying Kylie Lip Kits because I’ve heard so many bad stories about the
products getting lost in shipping and the company not doing anything to rectify problems, but I love the colours and so I’m always excited to find dupes. I wear this lipstick everywhere, because it looks great for every day looks, and brings together dramatic eye looks for nights out. And it layers up really well, which I sometimes find is an issue with some liquid lipsticks, so this makes re-applying really easy. Favourite liquid lipstick to date, thank you NYX ❤
So that is my list of top five products that I love! I hope by reading this, you may have found the next product you want to go buy when Payday rolls around. Or you at least found it a little bit interesting. What are some of your favourite products? Let me know down below, as I’d love to hear what you guys love and what I should buy next!
Thanks again, it’s been a pleasure as always. Trying to get on top of my blog posts so that I never miss an upload, but we’ll see how that one works out. Peace and Love Amigos, I’ll see you next week,